Retirement! Here We Come. (Well, Don is back to work)
by Vicky Showalter

Friday, August 23, 2013

5th Grandson Arrives - Cam Joseph

Cam Joseph Showalter was born on 8/20/13 at 7 pounds 4 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long at approximately 3/20 AM.

Cam Joseph
Little Cam kept everyone waiting as he was 10 days overdue.  April's mom, Robin had been in Indianapolis for almost 2 weeks ready to help and David, April's dad was there the last week of that time.  Sunday, August 18 they flew home.  I arrived in Indy on Saturday, August 17 so the Showalter household was covered for another 5 days as I needed to leave August 22.  Come on baby!


Waiting, waiting, waiting
And while we wait we play, Cade goes to school and we play!!


Kasen with the tent we created.

Cade playing under the tent.

Dave and Robin and the fun of making snow!

Cade is off to kindergarten!

Kasen and I played trains on the long track we made.

And then.... in the way early hours on August 20
Brent alerted me around 2:45 am that they were off to the hospital.  Within an hour he called to say that Cam Joseph had arrived!  Brent was home when the boys woke up to tell them that their little brother was born.  Cade raced down the hall - I think he went looking for them.  We all went to the hospital to see Cam, then Brent took Cade to school later.


The boys on the way in to the hospital

The new family!

Nana with my new grandson!

While Brent took Cade to school we stayed at the hospital
I got to hold Cam and Kasen had another breakfast.

April with her two littles.

Reading and rocking - yes that works.

Brent and April with Cam

One day old....
I take Cade to school after the night on our own!  Kasen and I spent the morning working outside. Naps then time to pick up Cade with Brent.  We took them to the "blast off" park in Brownsburg and then to the hospital.



My outside helper.

After school at the blast off park

Taking flowers to mommy.
Opening big brother presents from Landon & Owen
and papa & nana

Thanks, Landon & Owen.
Cade loved the legos

Kasen looking through a book.

Aww...so sweet!

Big brothers checking on Cam.

Pizza party to celebrate.

Family photo

And finally Cam comes home!
After three nights without mommy, daddy and Cam, Cade and Kasen were anxious to have them home!  I took Cade to school and mid-morning Cam arrived home.

Cam's home!

Before my flight I had time to hold Cam
and read to Kasen.
Blessings to this wonderful family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment